Dr. Mary McCaffrey
Consultant Obstetrician – Gynaecologist
Dr. McCaffrey is a graduate of University College, Cork. She was appointed as Consultant Obstetrician/ Gynaecologist at Kerry General Hospital in 1998 and opened The Scotia Clinic (previously Scotia Women’s Clinic) in 2002.
Prior to that she was employed as Assistant Master at the Rotunda Hospital, Dublin and Lecturer in Obstetrics and Gynaecology with the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
During her time at the Rotunda Hospital she worked in the IVF Unit and Sexual Assault Treatment Unit.
In the early 90’s Dr. McCaffrey worked in Northwick Park Hospital, London and played a lead role in starting a medical service for women suffering from Female Genital Mutilation.
She served as President of the Irish Hospital Consultants Association until 2007.
Her areas of special interest are Obstetrics/infertility/reproductive medicine, Menopause and vulvodynia.
Visiting Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist /Lead in Fetal Medicine at Rashid Latif Medical College, Arif Memorial Teaching Hospital/Hameed Latif Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan.
Elected member of Overseas committee of Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist since 2011.
1) Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist/ Lead in Fetal Medicine at William Harvey Hospital, Ashford, Kent, England.
2) Tem Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with special interest in Fetal Medicine at University Hospital Kerry.
- Two consecutive twin and a singleton pregnancy in a patient with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia,JETO Vol 10 No 4 2014, oldcitypublishing.com/journals/jeto- home/jeto-issue-contents/jeto-volume- 10-number-4-2014/jeto-10-4-p-259-261/
- Restoring TRAIL mediated signalling in Ovarian Cancer Cells. Arch Immunol Ther Exp 17 July 2014. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25030086
- Ovarian Cancer: interplay of Vit D Signalling and miRNA action
4) Nip the HPV encoded evil in the cancer bud: HPV reshapes TRAILS and signalling landscapes. Cancer Cell International 2013,13:61 http://www.cancerci.com/content/13/1/61
5) Incidence of Hysterectomy after Transcervical resection of Endometrium, A five years audit. JRLMC Vol1, No 1 Jan-June 2012
6) Thromboprophylaxis; Pregnant women with High BMI,. Professional Med J June 2012:19(3)
1) NIPT, as a screening tool for Trisomy 21.Gynaecology and Fetomaternal Symposium 2015, Ziauddin Hospital University, Karachi, March 2015
2) Multiple Pregnancy: What should be the optimal management? 4th international Conference on Reproductive health and ART, Lahore, Pakistan 2013.
3) Indication and timing of Interventional procedures in Fetal Medicine, SAFOG Agra, INDIA 2013
4) Monochorionic Twin Pregnancy: An evidence based approach to management. Seminar on Fetal Maternal Medicine, The Aga Khan University, Karachi, 13th March 2010.
5) Second Trimester Amniocentesis, indication, complications and results. Presented at RCOG 8th International Scientific Meeting of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Abu Dhabi.7-9Dec 09.
6) Experience of Invasive procedure in high risk pregnancies in Pakistan, 3rd International Conference on Reproductive Health and ART 6-8 Feb 09.
7) Screening in Obstetrics, Updates in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, FMH College of Medicine and Dentistry, Fatima Memorial Hospital, Lahore, 5th April 08.
2013 I chaired and organised a workshop on interventional Ultrasound and Fetal Medicine in AGRA, India at SAFOG Conference.
2013, Recently I have organised two workshop on, 2nd Trimester Genetic sonogram and 2nd Trimester Basic Fetal echo-Cardiography at Hameed Latif Hospital ( Pre congress workshop)
In March 2007, I organised a workshop for Obstetrician on basic Fetal Echocardiography, in Lahore collaborating with Aloka Co- Ltd, Tokyo –Japan.
Dr Fergus Leahy FRCPI, FRCP.LOND, FRCP.CAN, DCH.LOND, FCCP.U.S.MSC.PAED
- Providing consultations from newborn to teenager. Areas of special interest:
- Respiratory and newborn
- For appointments: please contact 066-7181100 for self-referral
Mr Tim Horgan FRCSI, FRCPI, DCH DO
- Providing Private eye care for eye conditions at the Clinic.
- For appointments please contact 066-7181100 for Self-referral