At the Scotia Clinic we offer both consultant-led and midwife-led care and support a full range of birthing options to enable you to develop your own birth plan. Depending on your individual birthing requirements we offer a number of options to suit your needs.
Patient care is tailored to the individual with great emphasis on safety, high quality clinical care and cleanliness. Our relationship with you is at the heart of all we do and defines our approach to patient care. We are compassionate and take time to listen to you, your concerns and dreams. You are more than a number to us – your consultant will be at your side throughout your journey – that’s the difference at Scotia Clinic!
If you have private medical insurance, the main insurers (VHI, GloHealthCare, Aviva, Laya Healthcare etc.) will cover your inpatient care for private maternity & gynaecology care however it is important for you to talk to your medical insurer to establish what you are able to claim for under your policy.
We offer a comprehensive list of fixed price treatments for self-paying customers such as early pregnancy scan, NIPT test, shared care/satellite IVF, gynaecology consults, IUI, semen analysis and many more.
Schedule of fees to cover Ante Natal/Post Natal care with Dr. Mary McCaffrey: €2700.00
(Applicable from 1st January 2018, Prices subject to change)
This fee includes a Group B Strep Test
Note: These fees may be paid in two instalments or at regular intervals as follows:
€800 on 1st visit, €600 on 2nd visit, €650 on 3rd visit and €650 on the 4th visit.
- Generally, private health insurance will cover costs incurred during your care in University Hospital Kerry.
- In addition, costs associated with the delivery and 3-night stay (normal delivery) or 5-night stay (Caesarean Section) in hospital after the birth of your baby, are also included.
- We would always advise all maternity patients to check their own individual policies to ensure this applies.
- If you do not have health insurance cover, you will be personally liable for all inpatient fees.
- Tax relief can be applied for, by filling up a MED 1 form, which is available on request at our office.
- If you have Garda Medical Aid insurance, they will not cover the labour/delivery fee in the hospital. Payment for delivery is made directly to The Scotia Clinic.
Please contact GMA directly for full details regarding antenatal, delivery & postnatal care.
Additional Services Available
(applicable from 1-1-2018)
- Harmony /Panorama Test (from 10 weeks). Cost: €550
If you have any queries regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact our admin team on 066 7181100 or Reception@scotiaclinic.ie.
Schedule of Fees (Applicable from 1st February 2017. Prices are subject to change)
|Gynaecological Consultation with Scan:||€200|
|Follow up appointment:||€80|
|Menopause Consultation (includes return apt with Menopause Nurse):||€200|
|Consultation with Smear:||€180|
|Consultation with Smear and HPV:||€200|
|Early Pregnancy Ultrasound:||€100|
|Post Operative Consultation:||€60|
|Cold Coagulation Treatment:||€110 + Insurance*|
|Mirena Removal only||€150|
|Consultation & Biopsy|| €250 + Insurance|
€400 without Insurance
|Gynaecological Consultation with SIS|| €200 +Insurance|
€420 without Insurance
Schedule of Fees (Applicable from 1st February 2017. Prices are subject to change.)
|Initial Consultation, includes both Nurse Visit and Return Consultation:||€200|
|Follow Up Consultation||€100|
|Follicle Tracking Cycle|
|€100(1st scan) €60 (2nd Scan) €50 (add scans)|
|Intralipids||€250 per Infusion|
|SIS (Saline Infused Hysterosonography)||€100 + Insurance*|
|SIS without insurance||€420|
|Semen Analysis||€130(€50 Deposit & €80 balance paid on the day)|
|Sperm DNA Fragmentation||€375|
|EU Screening Bloods||€150 per person|
|Nurse Consult/Drug Demonstration||€40|
|Nurse Consult: IVF/IUI/ Egg Donor||€80|
|Standard Blood Tests/Swabs||€40|
|Mock Embryo Transfer||€30|